Wednesday, March 04, 2015

And just like that, they grow up...

So it hit me today. I mean, really hit me. A few tears, even.

I have an adult child.

Not of drinking age yet, but legally an adult. Nearly a year in, as a matter of fact. How has this taken so long to sink in?

She has been talking about leaving home... I guess it has all been theoretical until today.

Don't get me wrong. I'm entirely supportive. I can't wait to see where she goes and what she does. I think she will have a marvelous time. It just hit me, that if she leaves home to do it--to live this wonderful life and reach and explore and figure out her place in the word--I'm not going to have that touching base thing going on every day.

She'll be fine.

But man, I am going to miss her.

I swear, just yesterday....



No comments: